Thursday, August 22, 2013

In answer to some questions, I ordered my cheesecloth bag from Vermont thru Amazon.  It is a very nice bag and has held up to make uses and washings.  I think it is a cheese renet bag about $8.
You can also use 'paint' bags from Lowes, just choose the finest mesh they have.

I use Earth Balance vegan butter substitute for baking and organic agave  I also order from Amazon but I live in a small town. In larger cities you can find good ingredients in your grocery or Trader Joes.

I get my organic almonds from Essential Living Foods http://essentiallivingfoods.com
and they are the best!

If you have any question regarding ingredients or tools I use please feel free to comment on the blog, I read those and get an email alert, or email me privately.

Happy Veganing!
k

2 comments:

  1. Kris.... what do you use for egg substitute??? Egg beaters???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never used egg beaters. I'm not sure what their ingredients are. For baking I use organic applesauce as a sub for eggs, 1/4 c of applesauce for 1 egg is the measurement.

    Other Egg Replacement Options

    • 1 egg = 2 Tbsp. potato starch
    • 1 egg = 1/4 cup mashed potatoes
    • 1 egg = 1/4 cup canned pumpkin or squash
    • 1 egg = 1/4 cup puréed prunes
    • 1 egg = 2 Tbsp. water + 1 Tbsp. oil + 2 tsp. baking powder
    • 1 egg = 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed simmered in 3 Tbsp. water
    • 1 egg white = 1 Tbsp. plain agar powder dissolved in 1 Tbsp. water, whipped, chilled, and whipped again

    ReplyDelete

statcounter