Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Vegan Lo Mein

I did some tinkering with an old recipe and came up with this.
We liked it as is but you may wish to change it, less sweet, more spice, etc...

I used 16 oz of thin spaghetti and 
4 cups of veggies I had in the fridge.
This is a great fridge cleaner for using up veg.  I used a mix of broccoli,
red pepper, celery, green onions and carrots.  Also bags of mixed frozen vegetables
work well.

SAUCE:
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 c water
1/8 t garlic powder
1/2 c agave
1 1/4 t ginger
1 1/2 T brown sugar

Directions:

1 Mix all ingredients plus 2 T cornstarch in a sauce pan and begin heating.
2 Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
4 Cook noodles and veggies and add sauce to noodles and veggies after they are cooked.

4 comments:

  1. I have all this stuff!! I am going to try it tonight for dinner! Thanks, Kris. ~~~Becky R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be interested in what you think after tasting or if you make any modifications. Thanks, Becky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris... turned out REALLY GOOD!! It will definitely be one of our regulars... the "comfort food" of the pasta along with the veggies and nice tasting sauce is very tasty. I used a bag of frozen stir fry veggie's which contained: broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, red pepper and water chestnuts. I added onion and at the end, coarsely chopped almonds. I think the water chestnuts and the almonds added a nice "crunch". I used the original sauce recipe except used blue agave instead of the honey (I didn't have honey). Have left overs for lunch!! Thanks, Kris!

      Delete
    2. So glad you liked it too! Your veggie mix sounds great.

      Delete

statcounter