Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Vegetable Stir Fry

Fairly quick and easy dinner.
1 bag of mixed veggies, I use the Asian Mix for this
1 chopped onion
1 can or fresh (2 cups) of bean sprouts
1 sm can water chestnuts

Boil water and add 1 lb spaghetti, angel hair or rice pasta
Cook following directions.

Heat the wok with 2 T veg oil
add onion, 3 cloves garlic, chopped and fresh ginger, I used about a tsp
Stir fry until onions are transparent.
Add veggies and cook until hot but crisp

Make sauce and add to wok:
3 T Hoisin sauce
3.5 T soy sauce or tamari
1 t chili sauce or paste
3 T water

Alternate sauce:
1/2 cup veggie broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 tsp. rice wine vinegar
4 tsp. toasted sesame oil
2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
2 tsp. sugar

When pasta is finished cooking el dente add to the wok
and mix.  Serve.
Makes 4 generous servings.

2 comments:

  1. Again.... this looks delicious, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed having a quick dinner at hand. I used to use the Mac n Cheese boxes and add veggies. Ah, cheese, but that is another story. :>)) I am still looking for a good Szechuan sauce. If I find one I will post.

      Delete

statcounter