Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sweet Potato, Leek and White Bean Chowder - Dynamite!!

1 cup dried white cannellini beans, soaked and drained
6 cups water
2 T vegetable oil
2 cups coarsely chopped leeks, well rinsed
2 cups carrots, diced
1 cup celery
2 or 3 garlic cloves
2 cups diced sweet potatoes, DO not peel
1 t dried thyme
1 t white pepper, I used black, it was all I had in the house
1 t salt
2 cups almond milk
1 1/2 cups corn kernels
2 T minced fresh dill or 1 T dried tarragon

Place beans and water in large saucepan and cook for 1 hour.
Drain, reserving 4 cups of the cooking liquid and set aside.

In another large saucepan, heat the oil, add the leeks, carrots, celery and garlic
and saute over medium heat for 7-10 min until veggies are tender.
Add the beans and reserved liquid, sweet potatoes and seasonings and bring to a summer.
Cook 20 min until potatoes are tender.  Add milk, corn and dill and return to simmer.
Serve hot!
This was really delicious!!




1 comment:

  1. This does look delicious, Kris! I do like lentils. Did you use dill or tarragon?? I have never used tarragon before. Thanks for this recipe. I have some recipes to share with you, when I get organized enough to do so... you'd never know that I am retired!!! ~~Becky

    ReplyDelete

statcounter